You need to generate API keys before you can pull data via API. To generate API keys, log in to your Flatfile dashboard. Once you are logged in:
- Click on the 3 vertical dots on the bottom-left. This will open the pop-up menu
- From the pop-up menu, click Settings to view Account Settings
- On the Account Settings page, click Manage Access Keys on the bottom-left
Once you click on Manage Access Keys, you will see a view of active and inactive API keys.
- To create a new API Key, click Create Access Key on the top-right
- Before a new API Key is generated, you will be prompted to create a name for it. Fill out the Memo field, and then click Create
Once you click Create, you will be shown your newly generated API Key ID and Secret Access Key.
This is the only time you will be able to view your Secret Access Key.
Therefore, make sure to take note of it and store it somewhere you can access later if necessary.
Once your API Key ID is generated, you can view it at any point on the Access Keys view.